Transcendental Meditation is one of the meditation techniques that are widely used mainly for the prevention of distracting thoughts. It also helps in the promotion of a state where your mind will be filled with a relaxed awareness. This is one of the techniques which were mentioned in the ancient Vedic tradition from India. Today traditional meditation is famous all over the world, and people are getting benefited by this meditation technique.
For practicing this conventional meditation technique, you need to sit in a comfortable position with your eyes closed. They make use of one or other mantra for this type of meditation. So, the person practicing should repeat the mantra after sitting in a comfortable position. To understand, a mantra is nothing but a chant or a sound which helps in focusing your mind and concentration. These mantras are also derived from Vedic tradition.
Once you start this traditional meditation, you can undergo many different experiences. Mainly you can experience transcend of the normal thinking process. Once you get hold of it, the usual thinking process will be entirely replaced by the state of pure consciousness. This is the state where you will experience perfect stillness, order, stability, and rest. This is the state where you have achieved complete freedom from mental boundaries.
When you practice this traditional meditation regularly, you can get relief from cholesterol, high blood pressure, anxiety, chronic pain, and many other health issues. Many forms of meditation are entirely safe, and traditional meditation is one of them. Through regular meditation, you can quickly achieve your goals related to improving the quality of your life. But it would help if you also remembered that for some sort of illness, only meditation could not be the treatment. Other treatment methodologies should accompany it.
Learn And Practice Transcendental Meditation
- There are mainly seven steps in this complete course if you are learning TM from a certified teacher.
- There will be an introductory lecture, and in that, you will collect general information about techniques used
- After that, a speech goes on explaining the specific methods used, and you will undergo an interview process if you want to continue with the course
- Once you are ready, they will assign a mantra which you need to keep confidential
- Next three days you will attend the actual meditation course for 1-2 hours, and you will start learning the TM
- The trainer will explain everything in detail and make corrections in the practice if needed, and you will understand the benefits of TM in detail
Even though you complete the course, the trainer will visit you regularly to ensure the right meditation practice. Throughout this journey, you will be practicing meditation at least for 15-20 minutes twice a day. Once in the morning time and once in the evening, you need to spend 20 minutes practicing TM.
Traditional meditation never demands strenuous effort in practicing it. There is no need to work too much on your concentration levels and contemplation as well. It is just that you should breathe adequately and chant the mantra and focus on the same.